- This event has passed.
June 2 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
My name is Steve Sroka, and I am Associate Director of Events for the Foundation Fighting Blindness, the world’s largest funder of retinal degenerative research. I speak at many Lions Clubs throughout Illinois, staff a table at most of the District Conventions, and attend many Lions functions since I am also a Lion from Arlington Heights (and South Milwaukee, Wisconsin).
We already have quite a bit of involvement from the Lions throughout northern Illinois (including a large sponsorship from the Naperville Noon Lions [$5,000!], and additional sponsorships from this year and last from Waterman, Sycamore, Hampshire, Deerfield, Sandwich and Arlington Heights), plus several teams formed.
I am hoping you could help with any of the following:
1) Attend our upcoming FREE VisionWalk Kick Off luncheon this Saturday (March 17, 2018) at the Westwood Tavern in Schaumburg from Noon to 2:00 p.m. You can find more info here. I would love to see some of my fellow Lions there! This email is to encourage you to invite any others who might want to hear about this event and the Foundation, and to meet some of our affected families.
2) Join us at the Chicago VisionWalk on Saturday, June 2, 2018. It is at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village, across from Woodfield Shopping Mall. We could use your support as a sponsor, form your own Lions Club team (any number of walkers can make up a team), volunteer at VisionWalk, or just hang out and show our guests who the Lions are. The Lions are an integral part of all our activities at the Foundation, and I would love to see a greater number of Lions at the Walk this year!
3) Help spread the word about our walk to your Club members and your contacts. I can send you fliers and brochures.
4) Like us on Facebook … Foundation Fighting Blindness – Chicago Chapter and VisionWalk.
5) Allow me to speak about our research and activities to your club at one of your meetings in 2018 if I haven’t already done so recently.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail me, or call at (847) 680-0100. I can send any information you would need.
Thanks a bunch!